Always looking for ways to become more productive, all the tricks I had found on the Internet were really complex and they didn’t fit in with my lifestyle. The truth is that the most important thing about productivity is spending time doing valuable things and not organising yourself. Here I’ll explain you a few tips that really work for me:
- Create a big picture. To know where to go, first, you have to know where is your destination. First, write wherever you want what kind of projects/goals do you want to achieve.
- Set monthly goals. For me, working with weekly goals is really oppressive. This way I spend more time thinking about what to do than doing. It’s much better setting middle term goals, and one month works perfectly for me. Every month choose from your big picture what are you going to do.
- Commit to your goals. Be realistic and don’t try to do a lot of things. This is a compromise with yourself, so you have to be demanding and realistic about what you want and not.
- Don’t beat yourself up if your big picture changes over the time or if you realise that something is not what you’ve expected. It’s normal to change your goals during the year or realize that something is not too motivating as we thought. Let it go and focus on another thing. Don’t stick with something that you are not happy with.
- Take some time to disconnect. We can’t spend all our time doing productive things. So please, don’t forget to spend time with the people you love.
That’s all! If you have other advice, please, share your experience with me on @_albertogallego. And don’t forget enjoying your day!